Information for the city of Las Vegas
Las Vegas is an internationally renowned major resort city known primarily for gambling, shopping, fine dining and nightlife and is the leading financial and cultural center for Southern Nevada. The city bills itself as The Entertainment Capital of the World, and is famous for its mega casino hotels and associated entertainment. A growing retirement and family city, Las Vegas is the 31st most populous city in the United States, with a population at the 2010 census of 583,756. The 2010 population of the Las Vegas metropolitan area was 1,951,269. The city is one of the top three leading destinations in the United States for conventions, business and meetings. Today, Las Vegas is one of the top tourist destinations in the world.Established in 1905, Las Vegas was incorporated as a city in 1911. At the close of the 20th century, Las Vegas was the most populous American city founded in that century (a distinction held by Chicago in the 19th century). The city's tolerance for various forms of adult entertainment earned it the title of Sin City, and has made Las Vegas a popular setting for films and television programs.Las Vegas is commonly used to describe not just the city, but areas beyond the city limits especially the resort areas on and near the Las Vegas Strip and the Las Vegas Valley. The 4.2 mi (6.8 km) stretch of South Las Vegas Boulevard known as the Strip is in the unincorporated communities of Paradise, Winchester, and Enterprise (Clark County).
The primary drivers of the Las Vegas economy are tourism, gaming and conventions, which in turn feed the retail and restaurant industries.TourismThe major attractions in Las Vegas are the casinos and the hotels, although in recent years other new attractions have begun to emerge. A view of the Las Vegas Valley looking south from the Stratosphere Tower at dusk.Most casinos in the downtown area are located on the Fremont Street Experience, The Stratosphere being one of the exceptions. Fremont East, adjacent to the Fremont Street Experience, was granted variances to allow bars to be closer together, similar to the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego, the goal being to attract a different demographic than the Strip attracts.Downtown casinos Las VegasMain article: Downtown (Nevada gaming area)The Hotel & Casino, located downtown along the Fremont Street Experience, is the oldest continuously operating hotel and casino in Las Vegas; it opened in 1906 as the Hotel Nevada.The year 1931 marked the opening of the Northern Club (now the La Bayou). The most notable of the early casinos may have been while it was run by Benny .Boyd Gaming has a major presence downtown operating the Casino. Other casinos operations include the , which are also located downtown along the Fremont Street Experience.Downtown casinos that have undergone major renovations and revitalization in recent years include the .
Las Vegas StripMain article: Las Vegas StripThe center of the gambling and entertainment industry, however, is located on the Las Vegas Strip, outside the city limits in the surrounding unincorporated communities of Paradise and Winchester in Clark County. The largest and most notable casinos and buildings are located there.Development The Strip in late 2009 Astronaut photograph of Las Vegas at nightSee also: List of tallest buildings in Las VegasWhen The Mirage opened in 1989, it started a trend of major resort development on the Las Vegas Strip outside of the city. This resulted in a drop in tourism in the downtown area, but many recent projects have increased the number of visitors to downtown.An effort has been made by city officials to diversify the economy by attracting health related, high tech and other commercial interests. No state tax for individuals or corporations, as well as a lack of other forms of business related taxes, have aided the success of these efforts.With the Strip expansion in the 1990s, downtown Las Vegas which has maintained an old Las Vegas feel began to suffer.
However, in recent years the city has made strides in turning around the fortunes of this urban area.The Fremont Street Experience was built in an effort to draw tourists back to the area, and has been popular since its startup in 1995.The city purchased 61 acres (25 ha) of property from the Union Pacific Railroad in 1995 with the goal of creating a better draw for more people to the downtown area. In 2004, Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman announced plans for Symphony Park, which will include residential and office highrises.Already operating in Symphony Park is the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health (opened in 2010), The Smith Center for the Performing Arts (opened in 2012) and the DISCOVERY Children's Museum (opened in 2013).On land across from Symphony Park, the World Market Center Las Vegas opened in 2005. It currently encompasses three large buildings with a total of 5.1 million square feet. Trade shows for the furniture and furnishing industries are held there semiannually.Also located nearby is the Las Vegas Premium Outlets North, one of the top performing outlet centers in its company's portfolio.
It is currently undergoing a second expansion.A new Las Vegas City Hall opened in February 2013 on downtown's Main Street, another urban area ripe for development. The former City Hall building is now occupied by the corporate headquarters for the major online retailer, , which opened downtown in 2013.has taken a personal, as well as a professional, interest in the urban area and is contributing $350 million of his personal wealth toward a multifaceted revitalization effort called the Downtown Project. This involves investing $200 million in real estate, $50 million in small businesses, $50 million in education and $50 million in technology start
Information for the state of Nevada
"The Bureau of Economic Analysis estimates that Nevada's total state product in 2010 was $126�billion. Resort areas like Las Vegas, Reno, Lake Tahoe, and Laughlin attract visitors from around the nation and world. In FY08 the total of 266 casinos with gaming revenue over $1m for the year, brought in revenue of $12 billion in gaming revenue, and $13 billion in non-gaming revenue. Many of the high plateau areas are excellent for grazing, and cattle and sheep raising are important industries.
Because of the prevailing dryness and the steep slopes, agriculture is not highly developed, but is devoted mainly to growing hay and other feed for cattle; however, potatoes, onions, and some other crops are also cultivated.Nevada's riches do not grow from its land; rather, almost incredible wealth lies below its surface. Although copper mining is now much less dominant than before, Nevada is the nation's leading producer of gold, silver, and mercury. Petroleum, diatomite, and other minerals are also extracted. The state's manufactures include gaming machines and products, aerospace equipment, lawn and garden irrigation devices, and seismic monitoring equipment.
Warehousing and trucking are also significant Nevada industries.Nevada's economy, however, is overwhelmingly based on tourism, especially the gambling (legalized in 1931) and resort industries centered in Las Vegas and, to a lesser extent, Reno and Lake Tahoe. Gambling taxes are a primary source of state revenue. The service sector employs about half of Nevada's workers. Liberal divorce laws made Reno ""the divorce capital of the world"" for many years, but similar laws enacted in other states ended this distinction. Much of Nevada (almost 80% of whose land is federally owned) is given over to military and related use. Nellis Air Force Base and the Nevada Test Site have been the scene of much nuclear and aircraft testing; Yucca Mountain is slated to be the primary depository for U.S. nuclear waste."
You no longer have to waste time in collecting on invoices.
Factoring Companies In Nevada
Each company has its own unique business needs, so some companies only factor invoices for customers that are slow in paying, whilst other companies factor all of their invoices. -Factoring Companies In Nevada
DO YOU STRUGGLE WITH COLLECTIONS
Factoring Companies In Nevada Articles
The benefits of using a Factoring company versus a bank loan
If you are looking for a convenient way to obtain business capital, factoring is one of the best options available out there. From a recent study, it has been identified that many people go for bank financing in such instances, considering that it is the least expensive method of investing. However, factoring is associated with many other advantages and we will let you know about them through this article.
A proper cash flow is something that every business in the present world should have. In addition, they need to speed up their cash flows along with time. Otherwise, it will not be possible for them to get banks for financing. Unfortunately, banks are not in a position to accommodate all the financial requirements of a company, due to tough credit standards. That is where factoring comes into play. It happens when a company sells its accounts receivable to a bank or a factoring company. The amount that can be taken depends on value of the invoice.
Key benefits associated with factoring
• A company can get large amounts of capital through factoring. It is because this method is entirely based upon accounts receivable. It has impressed many small scale businesses out there since they can obtain a bigger line from their accounts receivable for services or goods. They will not be able to get such a big amount of capital from any conventional bank lender out there. Factoring is something that is based on the credit strength of your potential customers. If your company has more potential customers with healthy credit strengths, you can easily enjoy the benefits of factoring.
• Factoring is quicker than traditional bank loans. Since most of the accounts receivable factoring lines are in a position to be set up, approved and actively funded within a matter of few weeks, you can go through a hassle free process. However, banks will take more time to engage with their credit reviewing activities about your company. They might even wait for audit results or fiscal period closes. Therefore, if you are in need of quick business capital, factoring is the number one option available out there to consider.
• Factoring is something that expands quickly along with the growth of your company. Almost all the factoring companies out there support it. Your company doesn’t need to have an excellent track recording of business. You just need to select a factoring company that is big enough to accommodate all your business development ambitions.
• A factoring company does not offer loans to their clients. Therefore, you cannot find many similarities between a loan and factoring. A factoring company will purchase your accounts receivables along with cash. Therefore, it can be considered as a similar process to increasing the working capital, while showing it as a liability in the account balance sheets. This will even reduce debt in the balance sheet, when compared to borrowing. At the end of the day, your company will get the opportunity to enjoy a lower debt to equity ratio.
• Factoring is less expensive than equity. Most of the businesses approach equity investors to cater their financing requirements. However, there isn’t any substitute for equity capital in some expansion purposes and business investments. Almost all the equity investors expect a higher return from the accounts receivable than the cost. When it comes to factoring arrangements, you won’t be able to find any dilutive effect on shareholders. This will assist you a lot to stay away from hassle.
• Factoring is also recognized as one of the best options available to improve your turn. In the present world, many factoring companies will verify invoices with your customers and check whether they are being paid on time. This will motivate your customers to pay the invoices on time through a gentle reminder. This will result in a better service delivery from your end as well.
You Can Find More Information at http://messagecrew.com
and at Receivables Factoring at veloxenergy